Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a General Manager or similar executive role
- Experience in planning and budgeting
- Knowledge of business process and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.)
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Business or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
Frequently asked questions
What does a General Manager do?
General Managers monitor the daily operations of their business. They meet the strategic goals for their division and teams by setting operational policies and budgets. They also supervise employees to perform their tasks effectively throughout the day.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a General Manager?
General Managers have a wide range of responsibilities to ensure their employees complete all their assignments efficiently. These duties include hiring staff, sticking to a budget, and following marketing strategies.
What makes a good General Manager?
A good General Manager must manage company goals for several departments, and they need to have practical communication skills to work with employees throughout the company. They also require strong leadership skills to manage resources and dynamic organization skills to maintain daily operations.
Who does a General Manager work with?
The General Manager is responsible for managing the activities and meeting their company’s goals. They work with various departments, including Human Resources Managers, to ensure employees fulfill their functions and company expectations.